Electra enjoys helping our clients grow their creative practices through developing a clear grasp of their financial affairs. She’s a Chartered Tax Adviser and FIPA Qualified Accountant with 20 years’ experience for the artistic, creative and technology industries.
Highly sought after by creative professionals for her expertise in tax planning, business structuring, concessions, digital commerce, GST, capital gains tax and ATO representation. Qualified in International Tax, she helps expat Australians over video.
Electra provides oversight, review and quality management of all our services to ensure standards of excellence are maintained. The expertise of other trusted advisers in her network is utilised for clients’ legal and financial requirements, auditing, overseas tax returns and business coaching.
A long term resident of inner-city Sydney, Electra is now more geographically flexible thanks to modern technologies… as are many of our clients! She’s available for meetings at our Brisbane office and on Video. She also visits Sydney to catch up with our business clients, at their offices or in our CBD branch.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Chartered Tax Adviser – Tax Institute of Australia.
- Qualified Accountant – Fellow Member, Institute of Public Accountants.
- Registered Tax Agent.
- ASIC Registered Agent.
- Established 2008 with 20 years experience in public practice. Music and arts background.
- Strongly supported by specialist qualifications:
- Master of International Taxation (UNSW)
- Bachelor of Taxation (UNSW)
- Diploma of Financial Planning with SMSF Specialisation.
- Diploma of Advanced Taxation (Tax Institute)
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- CPD in 2019 – Continuous professional development:
- Production Accounting Fundamentals (AFTRS)
- Mental Health First Aid for Small Business (IPA)
- Managing ATO Audits and Investigations (IPA)
- IPA Executive Certificate in SME Accounting (cont.)
- The Future Accountant, Business Advisory (Noosa)
- Startup Onramp – a structured 12 week training and mentoring program undertaken to develop and launch an expansion of our international tax services for Australian artists and creative freelancers developing careers overseas.
- Business Advisory , Financial Analysis (Futrli certification)
- Trusts and Foreign Resident Beneficiaries
- Crowd Sourced Funding
- Tax & Super Australia monthly CPD webinars
- CPD in 2018:
- Developing Blockchain Business Strategy (RMIT)
- International Tax Updates
- Business Succession and Estate Planning
- Business Formation, Tax Planning and Exit Strategies
- Family Business Strategies
- Tax Agent Guidelines
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Asset Protection
- Tax and Deceased Estates
- Superannuation Strategies, Tax and Administration.
- Tax & Super Australia monthly CPD webinars
Our clients are geographically dispersed; not just in Brisbane and Sydney. They’re touring, working overseas, tree-changers, sea-changers, and expanding their digital empires from home offices.
Our solutions are popular with individuals and businesses from the entire creative spectrum: Film and TV production companies, producers, musicians, composers, authors, actors, performing artists, visual artists, designers, developers, digital nomads, start-ups, inventors, and many other collaborators, promoters and innovators in creative and artistic fields.
With the convergence of creativity and technology, global mobility and the rising interest in alternative currencies our client demographic is sophisticated and diverse.
Australians touring, working overseas and doing business internationally regularly meet online with us to manage their business and taxes. Most have fluctuating incomes from different sources and complex tax affairs, are tech-savvy, and usually find us through word-of-mouth recommendation.
You can expect personalised and attentive service from us. Our small friendly team is directly employed, trained and supervised by Electra Frost. They handle the administration, accounting and tax tasks to support Electra’s advisory services. Electra’s team understand creative businesses and have the experience and qualifications to handle your work with care:
- Lisa Wilson BAcc, MIPA – Business Services Accountant, Xero and MYOB Certified Consultant, BAS Agent Qualified. Lisa gained her Bachelor of Accounting and ten years of bookkeeping experience while raising 3 children, and is super organised. In the three years she’s worked alongside Electra, she’s become an arts accounting specialist. Lisa’s now completing her professional program with the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) with a view to commence a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in 2019. Lisa loves riding her horse on the beach at sunrise and going on camping adventures with her family. She is also a total cloud accounting geek and shows clients how to make the most of accounting tech to better manage their business.
- Kristie Ogden BAcc, MIPA – Accountant and Tax Consultant. Kristie has years of chartered accounting practice experience with individuals and small to medium sized business, and is now a creative industries specialist who meets with our clients to complete their tax returns. She also works alongside Lisa analysing periodic profitability, budgets and cash flow to help our clients manage their businesses. Kristie is completing her professional program with the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) and looks forward to getting stuck into a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in 2019. When she’s not studying or working, she’s the Queen of Chilling Out.
- Jason Fang MBA, CPA ASA– Assistant Accountant, Tax Consultant. Jason’s advanced analytical skills from his background in financial planning and tax preparation means our clients’ records are thoroughly reviewed and prepared before our meetings. Jason researches tax law and works closely alongside Electra, preparing complex royalties, foreign transactions, cryptocurrencies and capital gains records. Jason is completing his CPA program and has a promising future as a creative industries tax adviser. In his spare time, he likes seeing exploring Brisbane, seeing art exhibitions with his creative wife and drawing his cats.
- Anna Xia CPA ASA, BAcc – Tax Accountant. Anna is an experienced personal tax consultant who learned all the ropes in her mother’s public tax practice. She’s now flown the nest to develop her career on a professional accreditation pathway with us. As an essential member of our closely knit team, Anna assists Electra and Jason in a range of tax matters and is becoming more and more fascinated by the complexities of tax law for the creative industries (so we reckon she’ll make a great consultant soon).
- Gyana Mergelian – Client Concierge and Office Manager. Gyana has over 15 years of office administration experience – she knows what’s going on, who’s doing what and how to herd cats. Gyana handles our clients’ enquiries, book their meetings and oversees the day to day smooth running of our tax practice and office. She also makes sure we take our lunch breaks and go home. Gyana loves wearing arty jewellery, telling hilarious stories and organising neighbourhood social gatherings.
- Crystal Matol – Customer Happiness Manager. Dip. Business. Crystal is completing her Bachelor of Business with a PR Major. An experienced accountants’ receptionist just returned from living in New York, Crystal is getting back to clients faster for us and booking meetings. Crystal is quickly learning her way around our complex systems, and loves helping people solve problems. After tax season, she’ll also assist us with her marketing know-how, which will play a huge part in growing our business .
- Donna Kuskopf – Bookkeeper. Donna is Xero, MYOB and Quickbooks certified and also knows her way around other integrated add-ons our business and clients use. Donna keeps our accounts in order and performs regular coding and reconciliation work to keep our clients’ books in great shape too.
JOIN US – Positions available: for senior accountants with creative industries and/or tech start-up experience. Flexible work.
Our staff abide by the Code of Ethics for professional accountants and their continuous professional development is supported by our business.
We do not outsource to offshore preparers. Your sensitive information is stored and processed on our premises and is not sent overseas. We believe this is what our clients expect of us in providing a premium service, and we are committed to fulfilling those expectations.
Businesses often need more than just accounting and tax services. We have developed a network of industry specialists in IT, law, business management, bookkeeping, financial advice, mortgage broking and other areas of expertise. We only refer to people we would use ourselves and we do not receive any referral fees. Our relationship with them means your needs will be attended to efficiently.