Find out what you need to know before you go.
Electra Frost is an Australian International Tax Specialist for The Creative Industries… a rare combination of expertise. She empathises with Creative Industries freelancers and small businesses needing affordable and high quality advice.
We offer an Initial Tax Review by video conference, for Creative People who have simpler international tax advisory needs than large-scale businesses and investors, but who still require specialist advice on their circumstances.
What’s included in our Initial Tax Review Package for individuals:
A meeting on Zoom or Skype with Electra to discuss your situation and determine your requirements, followed by either:
- Tax Return: Completion and lodgment of your Australian tax return, properly declaring your tax residency status and worldwide income in business and/or foreign income schedules, with provision of related advice; or
- A detailed Letter of Advice / Tax Planning Memo recommending an appropriate and strategic way forward, based on your individual circumstances and current Australian tax laws.
- Either may include: a referral to a suitable overseas tax accountant to assist with your foreign tax lodgments.
Our clients include digital nomads, international artists, touring entertainers and talented immigrants. We plan for their changes in tax residency and ensure that they don’t pay double taxation. If you’re earning foreign income, doing business overseas or online, entering Australia or leaving indefinitely – speak with us.
Our overseas clients meet us on video. All tax implications can be considered, including Business Structuring, GST, Capital Gains Tax and Superannuation. We can also work with your overseas accountant to ensure that your worldwide tax is in good order.
Unsure of how to book in with us?
- I am departing Australia and need tax advice
- I am returning to Australia and need tax advice
- I live outside Australia and need tax advice / assistance
- I live in Australia but need tax advice on my overseas assets
- I have left Australia permanently and want my superannuation
- I want to expand my business overseas
- My company needs international tax advice / assistance
- Other – my situation is more complicated
Careful planning and structuring may save you paying unnecessary tax.
If you’re planning to work overseas:
Before you leave it’s very important to know how to report correctly to the Tax Office . Your overseas income may not be exempt from Australian tax and there are steps to take if you expect the ATO to consider you a non-resident for tax purposes.
If you are leaving Australia permanently:
You will need a Tax Plan for your Australian based business activities, assets subject to Capital Gains Tax and Australian sourced income from investments. Before you leave, we can review your assets and advise you on the tax treatment and best possible strategies.
Before commencing business overseas:
You need to understand some complex rules. Australian residents can be taxed on the income of their overseas business under the Controlled Foreign Corporations laws. If your Australian business transacts with related entities overseas, consideration must be given to the transfer pricing rules to ensure that profits are correctly determined for each jurisdiction.
If you are new to Australia:
We have the expertise to give you sound advice on setting up a business, tax obligations, registrations and dealing with the government agencies. We can liaise with your immigration lawyer to ensure that your status is properly understood for tax planning.
Overseas tax lodgments:
We cannot lodge your overseas tax returns, however if you are an existing client we may refer you to an appropriate accountant in our network and even deal with them on your behalf if you wish. We work with our clients’ overseas accountants to ensure correct outcomes and avoid double taxation.